SASC Approves Military & Civilian Nominations
Washington, D.C. – The Senate Armed Services Committee today voted by voice vote to favorably report 280 pending military nominations as well as the following civilian nominations:
- Dr. James H. Anderson to be Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy, Plans, and Capabilities;
- Dr. Lisa J. Porter to be Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering;
- Mr. Gregory J. Slavonic to be Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Manpower and Reserve Affairs;
- Mr. James N. Stewart to be Assistant Secretary of Defense for Manpower and Reserve Affairs;
- Mr. Charles D. Stimson to be General Counsel of the Department of the Navy; and
- Dr. Charles P. Verdon to be Deputy Administrator for Defense Programs, National Nuclear Security Administration.
All nominations were immediately reported to the Senate floor following the Committee’s action.