SASC Approves Military & Civilian Nominations
Washington, D.C. – The Senate Armed Services Committee today unanimously voted to report 818 pending military nominations in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps, including the nomination of LTG James C. McConville, USA to be Vice Chief of Staff of the Army. In addition, the Committee voted to report the following civilian nominations:
- Honorable David L. Norquist to be Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller);
- Mr. Robert B. Daigle to be Director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation, Department of Defense;
- Ms. Elaine A. McCusker to be Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller);
- Ms. Kari A. Bingen to be Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence;
- Mr. Robert S. Karem to be Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs; and
- Mr. Kenneth P. Rapuano to be Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Global Security.
All nominations were immediately reported to the floor following the Committee’s action.