SASC Advances Nominations of Del Toro, Cisneros, Miller, Karlin, Connor, 1,986 Military Promotions
The Senate Armed Services Committee today voted by voice to favorably report out a list of 1,986 pending military nominations in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force, as well as the following civilian nominations:
- Mr. Carlos Del Toro to be Secretary of the Navy
- Honorable Gilbert R. Cisneros, Jr. to be Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness
- Ms. Kathleen S. Miller to be Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)
- Dr. Mara E. Karlin to be Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy, Plans, and Capabilities
- Mr. Michael L. Connor to be Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works*
These nominations were immediately reported to the floor following the Committee’s action.
*Pursuant to the order of the Senate, Mr. Connor’s nomination has been referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works for 20 days of session. If not reported within 20 days, his nomination will be placed on the Executive Calendar.
Chairman Reed also certified that the Committee has received the appropriate biographical and financial questionnaires for Ms. Caral E. Spangler to be Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller. The nomination has been placed on the Executive Calendar under the heading “Privileged Nomination – Information Received” and will remain there for 10 session days. During this period, any Senator may request the nomination be referred to the appropriate committee of jurisdiction, otherwise following the 10 session days the nomination will move to the “Nominations” section of the Executive Calendar, allowing for confirmation of the nomination by the full Senate.