Armed Services Committee Advances Key Civilian, Military Nominations
The Senate Armed Services Committee today voted by voice to report out a list of 893 pending military nominations in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force, as well as the nominations of:
· The Honorable John E. Whitley to be Director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation, Department of Defense;
· Mr. Bradley D. Hansell to be Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security;
· Mr. Lucas N. Polakowski to be Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological Defense Programs;
· The Honorable Shon J. Manasco to be Under Secretary of the Air Force;
· Ms. Michele A. Pearce to be General Counsel of the Department of the Army; and
· Mr. Liam P. Hardy to be a Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces.
In two separate, en bloc votes, the Committee advanced the six civilian nominations and then the list of 893 military nominations. All nominations were immediately reported to the floor following the Committee’s actions.