Subcommittee on Airland
- Responsibilities: Army programs (less special operations forces); Air Force programs (less strategic forces, space, and special operations programs).
- Special additional area: National Guard and Reserve equipment.
- Oversight of budget accounts: Army and Air Force research and development (RDT&E) and procurement (less technology base, strategic forces, special operations, and ammunition).
Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Responsibilities: Policies and programs related to cyber security, intelligence, counter-terrorism, and homeland security.
- Special additional areas: counter-narcotics, technology base and special operations.
- Oversight of budget accounts: Technology base RDT&E; operational test and evaluation; RDT&E and procurement supporting special operations; counterdrug programs; RDT&E supporting low-intensity conflict, peacekeeping operations, and information warfare; combating terrorism; chemical and biological warfare defense; chemical demilitarization; train and equip programs.
- Oversight of DOD offices: Under Secretary of Defense (Intelligence); Assistant Secretary of Defense (Homeland Defense); Assistant Secretary of Defense (Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict); and Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering.
- Oversight of DOD commands and agencies: Cyber Command; Special Operations Command; Northern Command; Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency; National Security Agency; Defense Intelligence Agency; National Reconnaissance Office; National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
|Senator Fischer, Chairman||Senator Nelson, Ranking Member|
|Senator Ayotte||Senator Manchin|
|Senator Cotton||Senator Shaheen|
|Senator Ernst||Senator Gillibrand|
|Senator Tillis||Senator Donnelly|
|Senator Graham||Senator Kaine|
Subcommittee on Personnel
- Responsibilities: Military and DOD civilian personnel policies; end strengths for military personnel; military personnel compensation and benefits; military health care; and military nominations.
- Special additional areas: Professional Military Education; DOD schools; DOD child care and family assistance; Civil-military programs; POW/MIA issues; Armed Forces Retirement Home; Morale, Welfare and Recreation; and military commissaries and exchanges.
- Oversight of budget accounts: Military personnel; military retirement; Defense Health Program; DOD Medicare-Eligible Retiree Health Care Fund; and operation and maintenance for certain education and civil-military programs.
- Oversight of DOD offices: Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel & Readiness); Assistant Secretary of Defense (Reserve Affairs); Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs).
- Oversight of DOD agencies: Defense Health Agency; Defense Commissary Agency; and Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences; Defense Prisoner of War/Missing in Action Accounting Agency.
|Senator Graham, Chairman||Senator Gillibrand, Ranking Member|
|Senator Wicker||Senator McCaskill|
|Senator Cotton||Senator Blumenthal|
|Senator Tillis||Senator King|
Subcommittee on Readiness and Management Support
- Responsibilities: Military readiness including training, logistics, and maintenance; military construction; housing construction and privatization; contracting and acquisition policy; business and financial management; base realignment and closure; and defense environmental programs.
- Special additional areas: Conventional ammunition procurement; RDT&E infrastructure; National Defense Stockpile; defense industrial and technology base policies; facility and housing maintenance and repair; land and property management; information technology management policy (excluding cyber); and industrial operations, including depots, shipyards, arsenals, and ammunition plants.
- Oversight of budget accounts: Operations and maintenance; conventional ammunition procurement; military construction and family housing; base realignment and closure; working capital funds; the National Defense Stockpile Transaction Fund.
- Oversight of DoD offices: Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics); Department of Defense Deputy Chief Management Officer; and the Chief Management Officers of the military departments.
- Oversight of DOD agencies and commands: Defense Logistics Agency; Defense Finance and Accounting Service; Defense Investigative Service; Defense Contract Audit Agency; DOD Inspector General.
|Senator Ayotte, Chairman||Senator Kaine, Ranking Member|
|Senator Inhofe||Senator McCaskill|
|Senator Fischer||Senator Shaheen|
|Senator Rounds||Senator Hirono|
|Senator Ernst||Senator Heinrich|
Subcommittee on Seapower
- Responsibilities: Navy and Marine Corps programs.
- Special additional areas: Maritime issues.
- Oversight of budget accounts: Navy and Marine Corps procurement and RDT&; and National Defense Sealift Fund.
|Senator Wicker, Chairman||Senator Hirono, Ranking Member|
|Senator Sessions||Senator Nelson|
|Senator Ayotte||Senator Shaheen|
|Senator Rounds||Senator Blumenthal|
|Senator Tillis||Senator Kaine|
|Senator Sullivan||Senator King|
Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
- Responsibilities: Nuclear and strategic forces; non-proliferation programs; space programs; Department of Energy defense nuclear, and defense environmental management programs; and ballistic missile defense.
- Oversight of budget accounts: Procurement and RDT&E for DOD nuclear and strategic forces, missile defense, space systems, Department of Energy defense and non-proliferation programs.
- Oversight of DOD and DOE officials Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear and Chemical and Biological Defense Programs; National Nuclear Security Administration; and Assistant Secretary of Energy (Environmental Management).
- Oversight of agencies, commands, and activities: Strategic Command; space commands of the military departments; Missile Defense Agency; National Nuclear Security Administration; and Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board; Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
|Senator Sessions, Chairman||Senator Donnelly, Ranking Member|
|Senator Inhofe||Senator Nelson|
|Senator Fischer||Senator Manchin|
|Senator Lee||Senator King|
|Senator Graham||Senator Heinrich|